I have multiple domains, all centered around a broad subject using sub-domains as needed. For example, there’s my personal site, and then my budget site. It is still about me, but separate from my personal details. All sites will have https:// and/or a lock. Let’s dig further into the domains of my network.
- frankpilone.name – Redirect to fsp.ws
- frankpilone.tel – Contact Page
- fsp.cc – Internal Redirects
- fsp.contact – Contact Information
- fsp.domains – Domain Related
- fsp.house – Various options if I owned a house
- fsp.im – My Imagination and What Ifs
- fsp.tel – Contact Page
- fsp.to – External Redirects
- fsp.ws – My Personal Sites
- pilone.co – Alternate
- pilone.name – Family Sites
- pilone.tel – Family Contact Page
Now let’s look at why it is important to make sense on a domain level. I have two sub-domains each of them being tel. With that in mind, there is tel.fsp.contact, and tel.fsp.im. The first URL is in relation to my telephone services, and device. The second URL is in relation of what if I was a telephone service provider. Obviously, similar URL (with the domain extension being different), but dramatically different subjects. And then there is fsp.tel which is my basic contact information.